Thursday, February 20, 2014

11 Questions Tag



I'm so excited to be doing my first tag! My very good friend Chelle from Everyday Polish asked me if my blog was only about makeup or about me too. I thought about it and decided I want the people who are interested in knowing my opinion's on makeup, style, fashion, and even life to get to know me as well. What better way is there to make new friends around the world and help me get out of my shell. I immediately jumped at the chance to participate in the 11 Questions tag. Check out what  she had to say on her blog Everyday Polish because I know you'll enjoy getting to know her as I do.


1. What makes you happy?

When I think about what makes me happy three things come to mind. Children make me happy. My family is full of kids and they are full of laughter, fun, and unconditionally love. They always bring a smile to my face. Of course makeup makes me happy. For me, makeup is art. Being able to make and shape a face in my own image using different colors, techniques, and textures just brings joy into my life. I love to create and makeup gives me the freedom I need to do so. Last but not least is singing. I used to eat, sleep, and breath music. It wasn't until I stopped singing that I realized how much of myself I was missing because my life lacked the sense of self, calm, stability, and satisfaction I got when I would sing. I try my best to get out and sing when I can.

2. Why do you blog?

I blog because I enjoy everything beauty related. I thought it would be a good outlet to express myself while talking about the things that I love. I have a very busy life and very little time for myself. Blogging allows me to share my views on products to help people be better aware of the products available to them and how they perform. I enjoy talking about something that I love and showing people the possibilities that can come with some good contouring for the chubbier faces like myself. Or what products work best for oily skin. I've only been blogging for a couple of weeks and I've had so many people ask my opinion and recommendations on products and that makes me happy.

3. What’s the last book you read?

The last book I read was the Hunger Games series and of course I was obsessed. I enjoy reading but sadly I don't get to do it enough. This is one of my new years resolutions that I'd like to achieve. 

4. Who is your dream lunch date?

My dream lunch date is with you. One of my blog, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc. followers. I would love to one day be able to have hundreds of friends out there who follow me and make recommendations and enjoy reading or hearing about my beauty opinions. When that day comes I want to be able to meet all of you and thank you for wanting to get to know me as much as I want to get to know you.

5. What would your 15 year old self say if he or she could see your life now?

She would say, "Oh my Gosh. Why do you have so much makeup"? Makeup didn't become a key part of my life until my last year of college. So my younger self would be stunned at the amount of products I own.

6. Who or what inspires you?

Wanting more for my family inspires me to reach for the stars. I have so many big dreams, goals and ideas. Wanting better for myself and them has really pushed me to take control and push myself to be better to be able to make my dreams a reality so I can support them as they have supported me.

7. What is one thing in your life you hope will be different one year from now?

One year from now I'm hoping I'll be able to see some progress on my blog and YouTube for all of my efforts and passion. I'm hoping that people take interest in what I have to say and in me.

8. What song ALWAYS makes you want to dance?

I am Haitian and I love a lot of things about my culture but one thing in particular is the music. Now, our music is very different from what you hear on the radio in the states and we dance differently as well. I love all of their music but if I had to pick one it would Danre Ra by Oli Duret. I jump up and dance every time I hear that song even if I'm driving. 

9. What do you think is the key to success?

I think the key to success is never giving up on your dreams, being smart and knowledgeable in the area in which you wish to venture into by doing your research and asking questions, and surrounding yourself with supportive loving individuals who build you up and help you on your journey.

10. What advice are you glad you never took?

All men cheat so you might as well settle for a man who will tolerate you instead waiting for a man who doesn't exist. If I had taken that advice I would be the most miserable person just like the woman who gave me that advice who is currently single with two kids.

11. What’s your favorite quote?

My favorite quote and motto is to "Be your own kind of beautiful". That's exactly what I'm going to do and encourage others to do as well.


So now I'm tagging you my readers answer these same questions. Feel free to message me on my contacts page of even leave a comment on this blog post with your answers. I can't wait to get to know you!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you blogged too! Loved the tag from C. :) My favorite quote is from India Arie "The only thing constant in this world is change."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, for a couple of weeks now and I'm really loving it. Love your quote! Do you blog too? Let me know so I can follow you!

      Delete
  2. Not jumping up in the car though! So happy you answered- I learned some new things about you! I remember make-up free Melinda but I'm happy you've found your passion- can't wait to see the blog grow! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete