Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gotta Have It/Can Live Without It


Milani Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain


Milani’s new products are really big on YouTube and various blogs right now. One in particular are the Power Lip Gloss Stains. The gloss stains come in a small twist-up tube in eight different shades. I purchased seven of the eight shades and chose not to purchase the shade in strawberry sugar because I didn’t think it would flatter me at all. The brush applicator is very stiff when you open the package and has to be bent to apply the product. I do find them to be very pigmented but I don’t think they have the high shine or the moisturizing element that they claim to have. They may seem high shine in the pictures but they aren't. Rubbing your lips together would cause your lips to tug and pull. They have a semi matte finish not a glossy one. I don’t find them to be drying or at all sticky. I just wished they were actually moistening to the lips and glossy.



Be very careful when twisting the applicator to bring up the product. It takes a little while before you can see any of it come up but it can make a bit of a mess if you don’t take your time. The colors on the other hand are beautiful shades of pinks, corals, and even a nice beautiful deep plum red. I find that they last a really long time even through eating which surprised me.



Macaroon is a rose pink mauve nude that actually works for me as a very nice nude lip. 




Macaroon is a rose pink mauve which is a perfect everyday nude for me.



Raspberry Tart is a dark mauve another perfect every day color.


Mango Tango is a mango orange which is a perfect lips for this coming spring and is trending right now.



Pink Lemonade is a bright pink/red. This is one of my favorites.




Red Control is a deep classic red and is my favorite. This is the only one that I find to be glossy.



Cabaret Blend is a dark wine red that is a perfect fall color and very flattering on my skin tone. 




The verdict is in and I am happy to say that I am pleased with the overall quality and performance of these products. They are easy to use, comfortable on the lips, contain no scent or taste and are really pigmented. My favorite shades are Raspberry Tart, Pink Lemonade and my favorite classic red in Red Control. These products are available in stores now. Happy shopping!

Grade B+



No comments:

Post a Comment